Welcome, UAW Retiree Medical Benefits
Get more out of your UAW Trust health benefits!
The UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust (the "Trust") provides health care benefits for eligible UAW retirees and their dependents. Aetna, in partnership with the Trust, is pleased to offer the Aetna MedicareSM Advantage PPO Plan.
Through the Trust, you have an opportunity to enroll in a health plan that offers coverage with additional benefits not included in your current plan-and programs to help improve health and wellness, all at a lower cost. This Medicare Advantage plan is designed to do more to help meet your coverage needs.
For all members who enroll in the Aetna Medicare Advantage plan for 2013, the Trust will waive your monthly contribution for the entire year!
Are you wondering if you are eligible to enroll in the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO Plan?
If you don't reside within the Aetna Medicare PPO network area, you may be eligible for the Aetna MedicareSM Advantage PPO plan with an Extended Service Area (ESA). This Aetna Medicare PPO plan with extended service area option is available if the zip code where you live is located outside of our approved Aetna Medicare PPO network service area. If this is the case, you will receive the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO ESA plan. The PPO ESA plan allows you to see any licensed doctor as long as they accept your PPO plan and are eligible to receive payment from Medicare.
The Aetna Medicare Advantage plan offered by the Trust is available in the following states: Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Texas.
Are you wondering if your doctor is in the Aetna Medicare network?
Click here to see a list of doctors in our network: Select "Search by Location" and enter either your zip code, city or county. Next, choose your Provider Category and the Provider Type. Then select "Aetna Medicare(SM) Plan (PPO)" from the Plans drop down. Once done, click on "Start Search".
If you receive the "No Results Found" page, your doctor is not in the Aetna Medicare network. Click on the "Find a Doctor or Other Healthcare Professional" link within the search tool http://www.medicare.gov/find-a-doctor/provider-search.aspx to find another doctor in your area participating in Original Medicare and accepts Medicare payment.
Important Plan Information
With an Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan, you will have coverage for your Medicare Part A and B hospital and medical benefits, plus you will have additional benefits not covered by Medicare. The Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan includes coverage for in-network and out-of-network services.
- Review the Aetna MedicareSM Plan (PPO) PDF for additional information regarding your 2013 benefits. View PDF (View 2012 information)
- Review the Aetna MedicareSM Plan (PPO) with Extended Service Area (ESA) PDF for additional information regarding your 2013 benefits. View PDF (View 2012 information)
Here are just a few of the benefits you can enjoy in 2013:
- For all members who enroll in the Aetna Medicare Advantage plan for 2013, the Trust will waive your monthly contribution for the entire year
- Hearing Aid Reimbursement for up to two standard or digital hearing aids
- Only one medical ID card
- Preventive care at no additional cost
- Assurance that participating in-network doctors have gone through a detailed Aetna credentialing review process
- No referrals necessary for covered services
- Health and wellness programs
- Unlimited coverage for inpatient hospital stays
- Virtually no claims forms
- Online tools and a 24-hour toll-free health information line
- Coverage for medical emergencies when traveling anywhere in the world
- Discounts on vision care, vitamins, and other health-related products and services
As a Medicare Advantage member, you will have access to programs, services, tools and information—all extras—to help protect your health and your health care dollars.
Health and wellness discounts
- Aetna VisionSM discounts - Covered members can receive reduced rates on many eye care products, such as eyeglasses, LASIK procedures, contact lenses, and accessories. Administered through EyeMed Vision Care, members have access to a broad network, including Pearle Vision®, LensCrafters®, participating Sears Optical® locations, and selected independent optometrist and ophthalmologist offices in over 13,000 locations nationwide.
- Aetna Natural Products and ServicesSM discount program - In collaboration with American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH), we offer eligible members access to reduced rates from natural therapy professionals, including acupuncturists, chiropractors, massage therapists and dietetic counselors. Members may also receive discounts on health-related products, including over-the-counter vitamins, nutritional and herbal supplements, and natural products.
- Aetna Weight ManagementSM discount program - Eligible Medicare Advantage members* have access to discounts on eDiets®, Jenny©** and Nutrisystem®.
*An eligible member is a member who has access to Aetna's secure member website and has an Aetna member ID card.
**Plus the cost of food and shipping when applicable. Discounts apply to membership fee only. Offer good at participating centers and Jenny© in the United States.
- Aetna FitnessSM discount program - Provides our members with access to services provided by GlobalFit™, the nation's most comprehensive provider of fitness clubs and programs supporting members' healthy lifestyles. Members can access GlobalFit's national network of nearly 10,000 fitness clubs at preferred rates* or GlobalFit's other programs and services, such as at-home weight loss programs, home fitness options and even one-on-one health coaching services.**
*At some clubs, participation in this program may only be available to new club
**Provided by WellCall, Inc., through GlobalFit. The availability of any particular offer cannot be assured, and specific offers may not be available in all states. The Aetna Fitness discount program is a rate-access program, with services provided by GlobalFit. GlobalFit is an independent contractor and is neither an agent nor employee of Aetna or its affiliates. We assume no liability for any services or products offered by GlobalFit or by any fitness club/facility/vendor providing products or services under the program. We do not endorse GlobalFit, any individual fitness club/facility/vendor, or any service or product associated with the Aetna Fitness discount program. We make no representation or warranty as to the quality, suitability, or fitness for a particular purpose of any product or service offered under the program. The products and services described above are neither offered nor guaranteed under our contract with the Medicare program. In addition, they are not subject to the Medicare appeal process. Any disputes regarding these products and services may be subject to the Aetna Medicare grievance process.
Health and Wellness Programs
- Disease management program - Specially trained medical professionals will work with you and your health care provider to help you manage chronic conditions.
- Cancer screenings - Receive reminders to have regular screenings for breast, colorectal, or cervical cancers.
- Informed Health® Line* - Speak with a registered nurse, 24/7, on health-related issues. You can also access our Audio Health Library to learn about various health conditions in English or Spanish.
- Healthy Lifestyle Coaching - Speak to a licensed professional by phone for everything from weight management to smoking cessation.
- Patient safety through MedQuery® Care Considerations - this tool identifies potential errors and inconsistencies in care and communicates them to the treating physician, improving quality of care and preventing errors.
- Hypertension program – Take control of your blood pressure with valuable tools and educational materials. Targeted members will receive a blood pressure monitor and healthy recipes, along with monthly interactive voice response (IVR) calls to collect blood pressure information and provide feedback.
*While only your doctor can diagnose, prescribe, or give medical advice, the Informed Health Line nurses can provide information on more than 5,000 topics. Contact your doctor first with any questions or concerns regarding your health care needs.
- Aetna Navigator® - View claims, print a temporary ID card and more online.
- Aetna SmartSourceSM - Get information specific to you, based on where you live and your particular health plan.
- Aetna InteliHealth® - View educational illustrations and interactive online features to learn about health care.
- DocFind® - Locate physicians, hospitals and pharmacies in Aetna's Medicare Advantage network and other participating health care professionals with this online search tool. Search by name, zip code, city, state, specialty and/or hospital affiliation. Trust plan participants are not limited to Aetna Medicare network health care professionals and may go to any provider who is eligible to receive payment under Original Medicare and agrees to your Aetna Medicare PPO or PPO ESA plan.
- Personal Health Record—Keep track of health information online and get tips on alternative therapies.
- Aetna Mobile App
- Single point of contact for customer service
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Fraud Information
- Protect your identity and your benefits (Identity theft prevention tips) - 2 pages, 290 kb
- Reduce Medicare fraud (Protecting Medicare for future generations) - 2 pages, 847 kb
Información de fraude para el Centro de Servicios de Medicare y Medicaid (CMS)
Enrolling Is Easy:
To enroll, contact Retiree Health Care Connect (RHCC) by calling the number shown below. Generally, plan changes are effective the first day of the second month following the date of the request.
Retiree Health Care Connect:
Monday through Friday;
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.