Welcome, UAW Retiree Medical Benefits
Get more out of your UAW Trust health benefits!
The UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust (the "Trust") provides health care benefits for eligible UAW retirees and their dependents. Aetna, in partnership with the Trust, is pleased to offer the Aetna MedicareSM Advantage PPO Plan.
Through the Trust, you have an opportunity to enroll in a health plan that offers coverage with additional benefits not included in your current plan-and programs to help improve health and wellness, all at a lower cost. This Medicare Advantage plan is designed to do more to help meet your coverage needs.
For all members who enroll in the Aetna Medicare Advantage plan for 2014, the Trust will waive your monthly contribution for the entire year!
Are you wondering if you are eligible to enroll in the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO Plan?
If you don't reside within the Aetna Medicare PPO network area, you may be eligible for the Aetna MedicareSM Advantage PPO plan with an Extended Service Area (ESA). This Aetna Medicare PPO plan with extended service area option is available if the zip code where you live is located outside of our approved Aetna Medicare PPO network service area. If this is the case, you will receive the Aetna Medicare Advantage PPO ESA plan. The PPO ESA plan allows you to see any licensed doctor as long as they accept your PPO plan and are eligible to receive payment from Medicare.
The Aetna Medicare Advantage plan offered by the Trust is available in the following states: Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Texas.
Are you wondering if your doctor is in the Aetna Medicare network?
Click here to see a list of doctors in our network: Select "Search by Location" and enter either your zip code, city or county. Next, choose your Provider Category and the Provider Type. Then select "Aetna Medicare(SM) Plan (PPO)" from the Plans drop down. Once done, click on "Start Search".
If you receive the "No Results Found" page, your doctor is not in the Aetna Medicare network. Click on the "Find a Doctor or Other Healthcare Professional" link within the search tool http://www.medicare.gov/find-a-doctor/provider-search.aspx to find another doctor in your area participating in Original Medicare and accepts Medicare payment.
Important Plan Information
With an Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan, you will have coverage for your Medicare Part A and B hospital and medical benefits, plus you will have additional benefits not covered by Medicare. The Aetna Medicare Advantage Plan includes coverage for in-network and out-of-network services.
- Review the Aetna MedicareSM Plan (PPO) PDF for additional information regarding your 2014 benefits. View PDF (View 2013 information)
- Review the Aetna MedicareSM Plan (PPO) with Extended Service Area (ESA) PDF for additional information regarding your 2014 benefits. View PDF (View 2013 information)
The Aetna Medicare Advantage plan is for medical services only. Your prescription drug coverage would be provided through Express Scripts (formerly Medco).
Here are just a few of the benefits you can enjoy in 2014:
- SilverSneakers®: We’ve added the Silver Sneakers fitness program to our 2014 retiree benefits—at no additional cost to you. It’s exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance.
- For all members who enroll in the Aetna Medicare Advantage plan for 2014, the Trust will waive your monthly contribution for the entire year
- Hearing Aid Reimbursement for up to two standard or digital hearing aids
- Only one medical ID card
- Preventive care at no additional cost
- Assurance that participating in-network doctors have gone through a detailed Aetna credentialing review process
- No referrals necessary for covered services
- Health and wellness programs
- Unlimited coverage for inpatient hospital stays
- Virtually no claims forms
- Online tools and a 24-hour toll-free health information line
- Coverage for medical emergencies when traveling anywhere in the world
As a Medicare Advantage member, you will have access to discounts, programs, services, tools and information—all extras—to help protect your health and your health care dollars.
Health and wellness discounts
- The ChooseHealthy®** program: Get a discount off standard charges for acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy and nutrition services. Also save off the manufacturer’s suggested retail price on health and wellness products.
- You must have a valid Aetna ID card to receive the discounts from participating natural therapy professionals.
- Natural therapy professionals are located in all 50 states plus Washington, D.C.
- Vital Health Network (VHN): Save off the retail price of an online consultation with a VHN doctor for one topic. Save additionally off the retail price for an online consultation for additional topics.
- Aging with Grace™ elder care assistance program - Get a membership discount for this program that provides education and can help coordinate and assist with senior care options.
- LifeStation® Medical Alert Systems - Save on a medical alert system from LifeStation which provides help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with the push of a button. You may select from a device, pendant or bracelet.
At home products - Get discounts on products and services for your home and family, including the Omron 7 Series™ Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor. Track your blood pressure at home with this easy-to-use monitor.
Books - Save on books, DVDs and more through the American Cancer Society Bookstore, the Mayo Clinic Bookstore and Pranamaya.
Fitness - Save on gym memberships* and name-brand home fitness and nutrition products that support your healthy lifestyle with services provided by GlobalFit®.
Hearing - Get discounts on hearing exams, hearing aids, batteries, repairs and other hearing aid services. You can also get these discounts even though you have a Hearing Aid Reimbursement benefit. Check your plan requirements first.
Natural products and services - Save on specialty health care products and services, including online consultations.
Oral health care - Get discounts on Waterpik® water jet flossers and Epic Dental cavity-fighting products.
Vision - Save on eye exams, frames, lenses, contact lenses and solutions, LASIK surgery, sunglasses and more. You can also get these discounts even though you have an Eyewear Reimbursement benefit. Check your plan requirements first.
Weight management - Get discounts on the CalorieKing® Program***and products, Jenny Craig® weight loss programs†, and Nutrisystem® weight loss meal plans.††
Additional discounts - Get more savings for products including:
* Participation is for new gym members only. If you belong to a gym now or belonged recently, call GlobalFit to see if a discount applies.
** The ChooseHealthy program is made available through American Specialty Health Systems, Inc. (ASH Systems), a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). ChooseHealthy is a federally registered trademark of ASH and used with permission herein.
*** If you're already a CalorieKing member and want to get the Aetna discounted membership price, you will need to terminate your current CalorieKing Account and rejoin.
† Plus the cost of food. Plus the cost of shipping, (if applicable). Offer applies to initial enrollment fee only and is valid only at participating Centers and through Jenny Craig At Home. Each offer is a separate offer and can be used only once per Member. No cash value. Restrictions apply.
†† The Aetna discount offers do not apply to any plan in which you’re already enrolled. To receive the discounted rate, you must wait until your current plan ends.
For more information and access to extra-value discounts, go to Aetna's secure member website and select Coverage & Benefits, then Discounts.
Discount offers provide access to discounted services and are not part of an insured plan or policy. Aetna does not endorse any vendor, product or service associated with these discount offers. Vendors are independent of Aetna, not agents or employees thereof. Discount offers are not guaranteed and may be discontinued at any time. Aetna makes no payment to the discount vendors. The member is responsible for the full cost of the discounted services. Aetna may receive a percentage of the fee you pay to a discount vendor. While this material is believed to be accurate as of the production date, it is subject to change.
The products, services and discounts described above are neither offered nor guaranteed under our contract with the Medicare program. In addition, they are not subject to the Medicare appeals process. Any disputes regarding these products and services may be subject to the Aetna Medicare grievance process.
Health and Wellness Programs
- Aetna Health ConnectionsSM Disease Management - Provides access to individualized clinical programs for diabetes, stroke, heart failure and coronary artery disease. It can help you learn to manage your chronic health conditions and achieve your optimal state of health. Health information programs provide general health information and are not a substitute for diagnosis or treatment by a physician or other health care professional.
- Cancer screenings - Receive reminders to have regular screenings for breast, colorectal, or cervical cancers.
- Informed Health® Line* - Speak with a registered nurse, 24/7, on health-related issues. You can also access our Audio Health Library to learn about various health conditions in English or Spanish.
- Healthy Lifestyle Coaching - Speak to a licensed professional by phone to develop a specific program based on your health needs; learn how to manage weight and/or stress, quit smoking and maintain good health.
- Patient safety through MedQuery® Care Considerations - this tool identifies potential errors and inconsistencies in care and communicates them to the treating physician, improving quality of care and preventing errors.
- Hypertension program – Take control of your blood pressure with valuable tools and educational materials. Targeted members will receive a blood pressure monitor and healthy recipes, along with monthly interactive voice response (IVR) calls to collect blood pressure information and provide feedback.
*While only your doctor can diagnose, prescribe, or give medical advice, the Informed Health Line nurses can provide information on more than 6,000 topics. Contact your doctor first with any questions or concerns regarding your health care needs. Health information programs provide general health information and are not a substitute for diagnosis or treatment by a physician or other health care professionals.
Health and Wellness Tools
- Aetna Navigator® - This secure members-only tool is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Among its many uses, you can print a temporary ID card, access claims and coverage information and more online.
- Aetna SmartSourceSM - You can get specificinformation based on where you live and your particular health plan.
- Aetna InteliHealth® - Here you'll find interactive information from Harvard Medical School, Columbia Dental School and others
- DocFind® - Here you can Locate physicians and hospitals in Aetna's Medicare Advantage network and other participating health care professionals in your area. Search by name, zip code, city, state, specialty and/or hospital affiliation. Trust plan participants are not limited to Aetna Medicare network health care professionals and may go to any provider who is eligible to receive payment under Original Medicare and agrees to your Aetna Medicare PPO or PPO ESA plan.
- Personal Health Record—Keep track of health information online and get tips on alternative therapies
- Aetna Mobile App
- Single point of contact for customer service
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Fraud Information
- Protect your identity and your benefits (Identity theft prevention tips) - 2 pages, 290 kb
- Reduce Medicare fraud (Protecting Medicare for future generations) - 2 pages, 847 kb
Información de fraude para el Centro de Servicios de Medicare y Medicaid (CMS)
Enrolling Is Easy:
To enroll, contact Retiree Health Care Connect (RHCC) by calling the number shown below. Generally, plan changes are effective the first day of the second month following the date of the request.
Retiree Health Care Connect:
Monday through Friday;
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.